We’re down to the final 12 days of the year, and it’s the perfect time to reflect on our journey through God’s Word over the past year. I am thrilled to recap our time in the Word with our “Embrace the Word Year in Review.” This is a time to revisit the powerful teachings, meaningful passages, and transformative messages that have shaped our spiritual growth and to honor the knowledge and faith we’ve cultivated together as a community.
We started in January with the theme Ignite Faith: On Fire for God. Our based scripture was 2 Timothy 1:6, where Paul reminds young Pastor Timothy “to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands.”
Ignite Faith was a call for intentional, actionable steps to keep the fire ablaze on the altar of our hearts.
Yes, intentional actions are necessary, but igniting faith is not just about doing but also about being.
- We should Be On Fire! Our lives should burn brightly so that others may see and glorify God! (see Matthews 5:16).
- We should Be Bold and Unashamed! In the face of adversity, fear, and opposition, we must stand up boldly for God’s truth. (see 1 Corinthians 16:13).
- We should Be Devoted! Let everything you do, each moment, every word and deed, be done for the glory of the Lord. (see Colossians 3:17).
- We must Be Holy: God is holy, so we should strive to reflect His holiness in every aspect of our behavior. (see 1 Peter 1:15-16).
- And Be His: Keep your heart devoted to the Lord. Be faithful and obedient to Him with all your heart. (see 1 Kings 8:61).
- In what ways can I actively “fan into flame” my faith and spiritual fervor?
- What intentional disciplines or spiritual practices can I employ to prevent my spiritual fervor from becoming stagnant or dim?
- How can I support and encourage those in my faith community to stay on fire for God?
Keep in mind, we all encounter moments when our flame, though still burning, seems to have dimmed. In those times, it’s essential to reignite that smoldering flame into a vibrant blaze!
As we approach 2024, let’s vow to serve God fervently. Let’s approach God’s work with enthusiasm, vitality, and a passionate desire to see His kingdom flourish on earth. Let’s continue to Ignite Faith and stay On Fire for God!
If you are interested in the Ignite Faith ETW reading/writing Bible plan, click here or the link in the bio!