Hello SS family!
I am so excited to share with you this week! I have been STEEPED in this week’s Write the Word theme: It Starts With Me. And I love what the Holy Spirit has been revealing in my heart. It is both encouraging and challenging, driving me to BE and not just DO!
If you’ve been writing the Word with us this week, you know that our focus has been unity in the Body of Christ.
In this world, there are so many things that drive us apart. That is not God’s desire for His people. We were joined together by a gospel of peace through the Holy Spirit. We must do all that we can to continue in the spirit of unity.
We have many differences–cultural differences, political differences, differences in region, race, and oh many more. Sadly, these differences tend to drive us apart. This is especially true of the last few years. Division and discord have destroyed many relationships, even in the Body of Christ. This is not God’s will; It is the ENEMY’S PLAN!
We are one! Though we are different, we share in one faith, one baptism, and one Father.
Remember the four areas outlined in Ephesians 4:1 (Amplified Version). Let’s look at these four areas and how they inform our living. (All from this week’s scripture writing!)
- Have mercy and kindness. (Phil. 2:1)
- Be like-minded with other believers, having the same godly purposes. (Phil. 2:2)
- Be humble. (Eph. 4:2, Phil. 2:3)
- Show kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. (Col. 3:12)
- Give more honor to others than to yourselves. (Phil. 2:3)
- Do not merely look out for your own personal interests but also for the interests of others. (Phil. 2:4)
- Bless those who persecute you. (Romans 12:14)
- Rejoice with those who rejoice. (Romans 12:15)
- Weep with those who weep. (Romans 12:15)
- Do your best to live in peace with everyone. (Romans 12:18)
- Agree with each other, and live in peace. (2 Corinthians 13:11)
- Do not be haughty. (Romans 12:16)
- Associate with humble people. (Romans 12:16)
- Do not overestimate yourself. (Romans 12:16)
- Do what is good, right, and honorable. (Romans 12:17)
- Do not let selfishness or pride be your guide. (Phil. 2:3)
- Do not be angry with each other, but forgive each other. (Col. 3:13)
- Never repay anyone evil for evil. (Romans 12:17)
Remember: Above all else, put on love, which is the bond of perfection. (Colossians 3:14) Because love is what holds us together in perfect unity!
When we walk, can we do it with godly character, moral courage, personal integrity, and mature behavior? Remember, It starts with me (US!)
Take these questions to your journal or ponder them in your heart. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal areas of improvement and respond obediently by applying the Word of God to your life.
- Am I obedient to the Word of God?
- Am I responsive to the Holy Spirit’s convictions?
- How is my love walk?
- Am I doing everything I can to live in peace with others?
If you didn’t get it last week, download the FREE It Starts With Me printable journal pages to help you reflect on your time in God’s Word. Click the link here. It starts with me Journal freebie.pdf
Your friend in the journey,
Remember the Word W.O.R.K.S.! Walking in the Wholeness, Obedience,Righteousness, and Kingdom Success through the Word of God.
Want to know more about who you are in Christ? Find out what the Word of God says about you with the new My Identity Scripture Writing Journal. Available in printable form on Etsy or workbook form on Amazon.