Welcome to Week 1 of the Write the Word Challenge
Let’s get started!
Remember our goal is simply, to dive deeper into God’s Word. Whether you’re a novice or a veteran, you can always experience more of God through His Word. You can use my suggested scriptures, each week has a theme and can focus your study. Or feel free to use the verses that you would like.
1. Pray First- Allow the Lord to lead you as you begin to dive deeper into His Word. Commentary is good, but it is the Holy Spirit who leads us to all truths.
2. Gather your materials- All you need is your Bible, a writing utensil and paper. However, you can be as simple or as creative as you want. Some use a special journal or journaling Bible. Some use colored pens, pencils, stickers, and other art mediums.
3. Remove the pressure- Many feel if they miss a day or two they should stop. Don’t do it! Keep going. God will honor what you do.
4. If you are struggling in an area, put your focus there. If you need healing, write healing scriptures; if you are dealing with insecurities, write scriptures about security in Christ.
5. Consider inviting a friend- Accountability can help you reach your goals.
I would love to share in your progress! If something really touches your heart or inspires you, share it! You can share in the challenge page’s comment section, or you can share on our Sparrow Song Facebook page using #thewordworkswtw. Share your thoughts and pictures. Let me know how I can support you!
Thank you for each person who is choosing to spring forward into Your Word during this month. As we begin, may we open our hearts and minds to Your truths. We pray that Your Word would come alive in us. Allow the Word to bring forth healing, restoration, renewal, and revival. We commit this time to you.
In Jesus’ name,