A Year in Review: February – Love and Encouragement
We are still looking at 2022 as a Year in review.
Love and encouragement were the focus of February. We focused on making intentional efforts to help us establish habits of showing God’s love in tangible ways.
One beautiful way to show love and encourage one another is to pray and intercede for others. How do love and prayer go together? Praying for others is one of the greatest acts of love. When we pray for one another, it means that we genuinely want God’s best for them. We pray for God to intervene in their situation. We pray for God to direct their steps and guide their feet as they walk. We pray for God to shine His light of love on their hearts. When we pray for others, it shows that we really love them.
How can we pray for one another more fruitfully and effectively?
- We can pray a variety of prayers. Pray in the Spirit and with understanding. (Ephesians 6:18)
- Persevere in prayer. (Ephesians 6:18)
- Open up space and opportunity for honest transparency and confession in your relationships. This way, you can be specific and strategic in your prayers. (James 5:16)
- Intercede for one another. Bring others’ petitions before the Lord on their behalf as if they were your own.
(1 Timothy 2:1)
- Be thankful for one another and pray prayers of thanksgiving. This will help you see God’s purpose for them in your life. (1 Timothy 2:1)
- Pray (as Paul did for the Colossians) that others would be filled with the knowledge of God’s will and grow in spiritual wisdom and understanding. (Colossians 1:9)
- Love and Pray for those who consider themselves to be your enemies. Pray for all those who mistreat you in any way (Matthew 5:44, Luke 6:28)
Jesus said there are no other commandments greater than to Love God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength, and then to love your neighbor as yourself. Praying for others is one of the greatest expressions of love.
It only takes a few moments to pray for someone, but those brief, powerful moments can change lives. May your heart be moved to show love by praying for one another.
Will you join me in prayer for one another more in 2023? Who can you intercede for with passion, zeal, and enthusiasm?